
Apple just released the I-pad. Although it looks like a zoom-out version of I-phone, it still has the Apple iconic sleek art deco flavor and the magic power to call me to take action to comprom
ise my already tight school budget. I like the Electronic Gadget because it looks cool and therefore makes me cool. I bought I-Phone, Sony PS2, Nike+ just after they are available on the market, but my interest retention period is very short, for I-Phone, the only few functions I used for a long while are telephone and clock alarm until somebody points out other interesting functions to me, PS2 at that time helped me organize some house party with friends but quickly evolve into a sheer home decoration and statement that I am still as young as teenage. Nike+ is seldom used after the excitement of the first few weeks, but the fact it’s not cheap does serve a purpose – high fixed cost means high exit barrier so I am still running.
My wife called me this morning sharing with me the good news – she just got admission from CMU. It’s a great for us because graduate school in U.S. is something on the tops of her to do list, I am sure life won’t be complete if she does not cross that item off one day, and I am equally excited because she is happy and when wife is happy life is much easier. But second thought starts to haunt me very quickly –who is going to finance my schooling? Not mention her own expense in north east region where you need 8 dollars to buy 1 beer. Maybe I should shut down my desire to own an I-Pad but it’s really a pain.
The Austin half marathon is coming, but I am struggling whether I should sell my pass on Craigslist. First of all, I don’t think Running a half marathon on Valentine’s day is a good way to fight something when your wife is on the other side of the planet, plus it’s Chinese Lunar New year and I am supposed to eat a lot, but that is not gonna happen after marathon. OK, I have to confess, th
e real reason is I don’t think I am ready for 13 miles. I did practice about one month before the long break, I can manage 7 miles fine and progressively I run more, and the running cut short my drink and I pay more attention to what I eat, I actually felt very good and probably 10 years younger till the holiday season fiesta in New York City and San Francisco. 2 weeks food quest in NYC China town plus one week clan chauder on fisherman’s wharf put fat solid back to my Ab, I was as guilty as I was happy.
I actually love sports, used to play serious soccer in college. But soccer for me is all ab
out imagination and creativity, you make a breakthrough which totally fool your opponent, then make a stunning pass which opponent can’t expect using their wild imagination. I think what satisfy me about soccer is my ability to create an idea in a split second and realize it in front of many others. Equally satisfying is the recognization I can quickly receive. For me the recognization is as important as self-fulfillment. Running is something very personal, unless you talk about it in the bar or on the nike+ social media site. I am not totally convinced whether the one-sided nature of running as a sports can meet my own desire – both personal achievement and interaction with others.
My wife called me this morning sharing with me the good news – she just got admission from CMU. It’s a great for us because graduate school in U.S. is something on the tops of her to do list, I am sure life won’t be complete if she does not cross that item off one day, and I am equally excited because she is happy and when wife is happy life is much easier. But second thought starts to haunt me very quickly –who is going to finance my schooling? Not mention her own expense in north east region where you need 8 dollars to buy 1 beer. Maybe I should shut down my desire to own an I-Pad but it’s really a pain.
The Austin half marathon is coming, but I am struggling whether I should sell my pass on Craigslist. First of all, I don’t think Running a half marathon on Valentine’s day is a good way to fight something when your wife is on the other side of the planet, plus it’s Chinese Lunar New year and I am supposed to eat a lot, but that is not gonna happen after marathon. OK, I have to confess, th
e real reason is I don’t think I am ready for 13 miles. I did practice about one month before the long break, I can manage 7 miles fine and progressively I run more, and the running cut short my drink and I pay more attention to what I eat, I actually felt very good and probably 10 years younger till the holiday season fiesta in New York City and San Francisco. 2 weeks food quest in NYC China town plus one week clan chauder on fisherman’s wharf put fat solid back to my Ab, I was as guilty as I was happy.I actually love sports, used to play serious soccer in college. But soccer for me is all ab
out imagination and creativity, you make a breakthrough which totally fool your opponent, then make a stunning pass which opponent can’t expect using their wild imagination. I think what satisfy me about soccer is my ability to create an idea in a split second and realize it in front of many others. Equally satisfying is the recognization I can quickly receive. For me the recognization is as important as self-fulfillment. Running is something very personal, unless you talk about it in the bar or on the nike+ social media site. I am not totally convinced whether the one-sided nature of running as a sports can meet my own desire – both personal achievement and interaction with others.
The blog had to be about the kind of information that a marketer would need to create an accurate and rich persona of you (or people like you). Some parts of the writeup not inline with the blog topic.
ReplyDelete